4.-20.12.1993, San Francisco & Bay Area: Healthy Cities conference, Cal-EPA, ATSDR group, etc.
4.12.93, Departure from Bielefeld; 5.12.93, Take-off from Frankfurt/Main; Arrival at San Francisco
8.-11.12.93, Healthy Cities conference
14.12.93, UCB, Warren Winkelstein; topics included IEEI
14.12.93, Cal-EPA (discussion ctd. from August 1993); topics included:
- CAPCOA Air Toxics “Hot Spots” Program (1993): Revised 1992 Risk Assessment Guidelines assessments and their scientific rationale
- PC program “Health Risk Assessment” (HRA)
- CalTOX program: developed by T.McKone (Lawrence Livermoore National Laboratory), currently under review.
15.12.93, UCB, discussion topics included the recent Healthy Cities conference, 8.-11.12.93, (e.g. as an opportunity for contact between scientists and politicians); and advanced Environmental Health information management
15.12.93, ATSDR group, California Department of Health Services, Emeryville; topics included:
- Public Health assessments (ATSDR-type); cf. the book by ATSDR: Public Health Risk Assessment, Lewis Publishers
- EPA: Superfund Exposure Assessment Manual
- Fact sheets (in English, Spanish) are being sent out to residents
19.12.93, Take-off from San Francisco; 20.12.93, Arrival Frankfurt/Main -> Bielefeld.