Preceding the 9th European Public Health (EPH) conference in Vienna, there was a pre-conference / Im Vorfeld der 9. Europäischen Public Health-Konferenz in Wien erfolgte eine Vorkonferenz:
Evidence-based Public Health – decision-support for health (care) policy, https://ephconference.eu/2016-pre-conference-programme-239.
This pre-conference was organized by the Ludwig Boltzmann Institut – Health Technology Assessment (LBI-HTA) (http://hta.lbg.ac.at/page/homepage/en), in cooperation with EUPHA’s HTA section / Diese Vorkonferenz wurd organisiert vom Ludwig Boltzmann Institut – Health Technology Assessment (LBI-HTA) (http://hta.lbg.ac.at/page/homepage), in Kooperation mit der EUPHA-Sektion HTA.
Part I: Evidence-based Public Health: contribution of different organisations
- EUPHA HTA section (Carlo Favaretti/Chiara De Waure)
- “Interest Group on the Impact of Public Health interventions, special focus on Nutrition, on Health Outcomes Research and Measurement” (INPHORM, htai.org/interest-groups/impact-of-public-health-interventions.html) of Health Technology Assessment international (HTAi, http://www.htai.org/) (Irene Lenoir-Wijnkoop)
- European Network for Health Technology Assessment (EUnetHTA, eunethta.eu/) (Peter Kolominsky-Rabas)
- Cochrane Public Health Europe (http://ph.cochrane.org/cochrane-public-health-europe) (Stefan Lhachimi)
Part II: Evidence generation for complex interventions
From the abstract: “These interventions represent a research field, where public health and HTA expertise are of utmost importance to overcome methodological challenges”
- Introduction: What is a complex intervention? (Elizabeth Goyder)
- Systematic reviews of complex interventions (Mark Petticrew)
- Experiences with Overviews of Reviews of complex interventions (Roman Winkler)
The pre-conference included discussions on the project “Integrated assessment of complex health technologies” (INTEGRA-HTA), funded within the EU 7th Framework Programm, www.integrate-hta.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Guidance-for-the-Assessment-of-Context-and-Implementation-in-HTA-and-Systematic-Reviews-of-Complex-Interventions-The-Co.pdf